2/02/2018

Anytime Fitness trip for The Practical Nurse

27330403_1641132859328338_1688784580_oSome half to a decade ago, gyms like Anytime Fitness gym would have been considered an impracticality in Cagayan de Oro City. Life was a bit slow back then. I’m not saying things were barbaric it’s just that people generally thought of getting fit was a matter of playing outside under the sun or that you’d be blessed with genetics. But as globalization hit CDO, businesses bloomed. Suddenly people had other priorities. And now just like any other fast-paced city, a gym has become a necessity.

The Practical Nurse, yours truly, had the opportunity to be invited to Anytime Fitness gym. A three-day pass to test out all the facilities. I must say, the experience was very eye opening. As I said, I like to be practical. However, shifts in the hospital can be stressful and they’re not really workouts. In fact, nurses would benefit from a gym membership. Proper body mechanics requires good core strength and it’s not easy to improve that area without proper supervision and the right equipment.

Location of Anytime Fitness Gym in CDO

One of the surprises I had was the location of the gym. For as long as I remember, gyms in CDO were located near Cogon Market or some hard to access area. This gym is conveniently located in SM Downtown. Advantages of the location include the free parking which is one of the problems for most gym goers. Another is that you are inside the mall and you have access to stores for stuff you need in the gym. Need a new outfit? Food? Or even gadgets? Visit the other stores as you climb to the 4th floor of SM Downtown CDO where Anytime Fitness is located.

You might be tempted with the restaurants dotting the way but look at it positively. There are menus containing healthy options which can be you pre or post workout meal.

27398779_1641132915994999_586583632_oThe Area and Facilities


As I entered the gym, it was very clean. That’s one thing I really like. Growing up in Cagayan de Oro, gyms were the usual macho place of bare concrete and weights blackened with rust. Anytime Fitness on the other hand has non-slip carpeting and flooring allowing you to focus on your form as you lift weights.

Speaking of weights, everything is brand new. I especially love the grips that allow you to hang on tight as you churn one rep after another. Honestly, from the outside, I thought the gym would be small but big surprise, Anytime Fitness is packed with other equipment and enough floor space for its clientele.27329862_1641132865995004_1122217376_o

Finally, Anytime Fitness has a locker-room. I know it’s a small thing but one of the problems I had with old CDO gyms was to protect my valuables. It’s hardly conducive to be bringing your wallet and cellphone to workout. The usual solution was to leave them behind and carry money in your gym shorts pocket (or tucked into your underwear waistband), personally I experienced slipping my cash in my socks. Even then, some people still lost sneakers and clothes. Aside from the lockers, Anytime Fitness have showers. No more going home stinking up your car!

27393385_1641132879328336_1321324832_oAnytime Fitness Workout Regimen

Now I can’t really expound on the workout regimen yet because I’m still on day one of my three-day pass. However, my first day was pretty good. I mean it’s been a while since I pumped iron but the staff and other clientele were supportive. Also, there was a personal trainer who guided me during my day and I have to say, I was a sweating mess after a few hours. I went through the weights and all the machines they had and tried a rep or two on every one of them. The machines functioned properly as my movements were smooth and creak-free.

My first day was really an adventure and I’d like to thank Anytime Fitness for the opportunity they gave. If you’d like details about their membership, it’s best that you contact them via their Facebook page and shot them a message or visit Anytime Fitness in SM Downtown Cagayan de Oro.


No comments:

Post a Comment